My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Found a new loop...

...but it's pretty short!

Joy here...Okay, in my last post, I shared a little story about being freaked the freak out by a monkey.  That experience has, officially, freaked me out too much and kept me from running around the monkey loop.

Okay, fine.  I'm a chicken, but fine.

Actually, not so fine.  You see, I still have to find a place to do my running.  Since we've been moving from my cousins' house to our new apartment I've been busy with setting up the new house, getting the internet sorted, buying furniture, inviting friends over, and generally doing many busy-work things and few athletic things.  So now my problem is that I've taken a full week off running, and done nothing except eat and drink instead, and every time I try to convince myself to head out the door even for an easy run, I have mental images of Planet of the Apes scaring me into lethargy (not that I need any real help in that department).

Finally, yesterday, I put on my running shoes and headed out the door to run some loops in my new neighbourhood, or "taman" as it's called here.  There is a running loop around the squared layout of the taman that is 475m.  So out I went to run around and around and around and around and around for a total of around 3kms (the distance of the monkey loop).

Ready, set, GO!
I've got my work cut out for me to get back into the groove of running regularly, but something is better than nothing, right?

Onwards!

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment