My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Thursday, May 22, 2014

I'm a lover not a fighter, except when I'm not...

Joy here...I've been described by some as generous, giving, friendly, naive, or even kind-hearted.  I'm grateful to have such great people in my life who have such lovely things to say about me.

Of course, I think I may have them all fooled.


To be sure, I characterize myself as a lover not a fighter; I'd rather smile than frown; and I'll laugh before I'll cry.

I believe in giving lots of hugs and kisses; I believe it's better to give than receive; I believe in hanging on to good feelings and letting go of the bad ones; and I believe in offering the world trust first, and only distrust after being burnt.

I always first see the best in people, and I don't even have to try to be optimistic.

BUUUUT...

...when I've not been treated with the decency, integrity, or respect that I think I deserve; when someone tries to take advantage of me; or when the world turns its unfriendly face toward me, I am repeatedly surprised.  You'd think I'd learn.

You see, some people are able to be a bit more moderate.  They can gauge the world better with a more finely-tuned radar for the nuance of good and evil out there.  They can nip conflict in the bud before it blossoms into something ugly.  I respect that a lot.

Sadly, I don't seem to have these traits.

I am either a lover OR a fighter.  I'm most often a lover.  And when I'm not, I'm not.

What about you?  Are you a lover or a fighter or something in between?



Over and out,
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment