My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Off we go...

Joy here...If you've read this blog before or know me in real life, then you'll know that The Man and I spend our time split between Ottawa, Canada and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.  And during our Ottawa time, I routinely grapple with my hate relationship to winter...so instead of divorcing my husband and running away somewhere where I'd never have to deal with snow again, we've decided to take the next 12 months and relocate to Malaysia.

Who wouldn't want a view like this every day??
It helps that The Man works on Malaysian law and politics and has a one-year sabbatical so that our move is one that's funded.

It also helps that I've left the wonderful world of academia for life as a footloose and fancy free consultant.  So long as I've got my brain, a phone, and an internet connection, I can work anywhere.

So we've decided to make a go of resettling in Kuala Lumpur for the next year...we'll see if we can stay longer, but at least we know where we'll be for a year, which is saying something.

Here's to tropical drinks and our new tropical lifestyle!
We've rented our house out to a couple from Australia, and we will stay in my cousins' house in Kuala Lumpur upon our arrival.  Then we'll find our own place.

So get ready for some tropical updates as I fully recommit to running and set my sights on some 5km and 10km running races in Malaysia over the next few months!

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment