My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Thursday, January 31, 2013

D'oh!

Joy here...So after my "surprise" week off last week, I was super worried about getting back up in that saddle again this week.

But much to my surprise, I've not collapsed in colossal failure and, in fact, been rather consistent with my workouts.  Who am I?  What has happened to Joy?

Here's what I've done so far:
MONDAY-Rode the bike (indoors) for 75 minutes, working up through my zones after the warm up, then doing 3 six-minute sets at my medium pace, followed by some recovery and then some sprint sets before a cool down;
TUESDAY-Rode the bike (indoors) for 75 minutes, working up through my zones after the warm up, then doing 3 eight-minute sets of decreasing intensity by high cadence, followed by some sprint sets before a cool down;
WEDNESDAY-I went to the gym at the university for some indoor training sessions with Coach Woods and the rest of the crew (all girls on Wednesdays lately!); we worked through a 15 minute warm up run, and drills for a total of 60 minutes before I did a short tempo run;
THURSDAY-Rode the bike (indoors) for 70 minutes, working up through my zones after the warm up, then doing 10 sprint sets before resting and doing 10 more, before cooling down.

Now the funny part in all this is that for today's (Thursday's) sprints, I was actually only supposed to do two sets of 5 sprints (for a total of 10), but somehow I misread my directions and did two sets of 10 sprints (for a total of 20!!!).  And all the while I thought Coach Andrew was out to kill me.



The moral of the story:  read closely.

Over and out,
Joy





No comments:

Post a Comment