My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Eve in Singapore!

Joy here...while my Malaysia post and my Melbourne post focus on food more than fitness, it's only fitting that my final post summing up our holiday trip should also turn to food.

After a week in Melbourne, we hopped on yet another plane to head back to Singapore where we would spend one day only.

And that day happened to be a rainy, rainy day...but that suited us just fine, because it gave us just the excuse we were looking for to head to one of our favourite Singapore restaurants located in the historic Raffles Hotel.

We planted ourselves down in one of the cozy corner booths so that we could watch the rain and the palm trees through the plated glass windows and ordered a table full of dim sum.  And there we sat and ate, and finally we turned from eating to drinking.  Afterall, it was new year's eve!
A table full of dim sum goodness!
Dry won ton noodles (soup on the side).
In fact, we were there so long, eating and drinking and chatting and laughing, that one of our friends who is Malaysian but lives in Ottawa and happened to be in Singapore too was able to meet up with us!  The world truly is a small, small place.

After we were good and full from a rainy day spent indoors eating, we got all dressed up and headed to the Marina Bay Sands hotel to ring in the new year on the 57th floor under the fireworks and above the city.  It was a night to remember...if only I didn't drink so much I might, actually, remember it!!!

Fireworks above the city.
And so while I'm beginning 2013 fat and out of shape, I'm beginning it happy.  And that's gotta count for something, right?

Happy 2013,
Joy





No comments:

Post a Comment