My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow...and...

...more snow!

Joy here...On Tuesday I had sprint drills to complete on my bike in my basement, and while I gave them a valiant effort (10sec sprint/50sec rest X 5, followed by 20sec sprint/40sec rest X 4, followed by 30sec sprint/30sec rest X 3), I will admit that I wasn't the best sprinter of all time.  Sure, wave a red cape in front of me, and I'll go; I'll even go superfast, but only for about 10 seconds.

So when I got up on Wednesday morning to head to my track practice (which we've dubbed "Women's Wednesdays" because it seems like only the girls show up), I was feeling the sprints in my legs and the disappointment because I couldn't hang onto the effort for the full 20 or 30 second sets.

I felt a little snowed under by failing to meet my targets.

But, boy was I about to learn what snowed under really means.

I did the warm up and drills with the other women at the track, and then as they headed off to do their individual workouts, I thought, "okay, I'll head home, put on some outdoor gear and run outside."

This is how my friend Nomi's daughter sees me,
an Arctic fox!
Ha!

Big mistake.  It's the end of February and a winter storm has raged across Canada and the US, dumping tonnes of snow on us up here in Ottawa.

Let's just say that faced with all that white stuff, I just went inside and settled in...I don't plan to emerge until it's spring.  Everyone okay with that?

Over and out,
Joy (the arctic fox)

No comments:

Post a Comment