My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Early morning run...

Joy here...Now that I've taken up with running Coach Woods, my Wednesday morning entails waking up before the sun and eating enough food to be fuelled for a workout, but not too much as to be an undigested runner.  Then The Man and I hop in the car (which this morning needed a few extra minutes to warm up as winter is beginning to encroach more and more), and we head over to the local park where there's a running track.  We meet up with a collection of Coach Woods's clients and head into the woods for a 15-20 minute easy run where we chat, joke, and generally pretend like we're all having a super easy time of it (whether we are or not).  And then we regroup with Coach Woods so that we can work through some running drills.

Like these...
Then we all break apart and do our individual workouts as designed by Coach Woods.  On Saturday my run workout included hill repeats, but today I just had an easy 30 minute run on tap since I had a heavy workout yesterday.

winter is coming
What Coach Woods had me work on was my form--not letting my arms cross my torso as I run and ensuring that my arms are bent at 90% and only swing from the shoulders not the elbows--and then he went to focus on the other guys workouts while I headed off along the canal, paying attention to my arms, my breathing, and my stride.

I ran for about 15 minutes, and then turned around and headed back to where the rest of the group was doing their own individualized plans, and my timing was perfect, because just as I ran up behind The Man and another one of Coach Woods's clients, I hit my 30 minute running target and was set to get in the nice, warm car to drive home to a nice, warm shower and follow that up with a nice, warm espresso.

Over and out,
Joy

Run Stats:
Ran for 30:11:22 for a distance of 4.96km with an average pace of 5:58min/km.


No comments:

Post a Comment