My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hintonburger Double Workout

Joy here...I was supposed to do a 60minute run on Monday, but somehow life got incredibly busy on Monday, so The Man and I decided to double up on our workouts on Tuesday so that I would fit in an easy 60 minute run in the morning, and then end my work day with my scheduled bike ride (three 9-minute sets building up to my tempo pace).

The run went well; it was bright but cool and crisp as we ran by the canal, and even though my knees felt a little sore for the first 20 minutes or so, I eventually warmed up, and everything began to move the way it was supposed to, and with a little bit of sweat, heavy breathing, and old fashioned endurance, I knocked off another 10km run, my second one this month!

Later in the day, I hopped on the bike to complete around 75minutes (including my warm up, cool down, and drills), ending with a couple of light sprints (see below), to get my legs moving and my juices flowing.

Then, well, after hitting a double workout in one day, you can imagine just how hungry I felt.  And, um, so in that state, I was easily able to convince myself that I had earned what has been called "one of the best burgers you've ever tasted," a hintonburger.  It is named after "hintonburg" the area of Ottawa in which it is located, and it's been getting rave reviews for its seriously good (and totally loaded) burgers and hand made fries.  I earned it, right?

Booyah!
Over and out,
Joy

Run Stats:
Ran for 1:00:07 for a distance of 10.02km for an average pace of 6:00min/km.

No comments:

Post a Comment