My brief bio...

I used to co-write a blog, "East and West Running" at www.eastandwestrunning.blogspot.com...click on the various links to see some of the early entries from 2010 to 2012 when I first learned how to run and then first learned how to ride a bike as I was based in Canada and my co-blogger was based in Malaysia.

I fell off the blogging wagon since somewhere around 2014 or 2015, but I'm getting back on so that I can track my #fitoverforty journey back into fitness...

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mad Sally Goes Pee

Joy here…Last week, as many of you will have read, I had a very near miss with a poisonous Malaysian coral snake (a lovely orange specimen that I wish I didn't see quite so close up).  Well, this week I found myself out there riding the same route, up the 15km climb, and needing a pee break by the side of the road once again.

Filled with fear, I lay my bike down in the grass and stepped forward into the foliage, and this is what happened:

-----Mad Sally Goes Pee-----
Out there under the sun on my bike,

A road bike, not a motorcycle or a trike, 

I suddenly felt the need to pee.
"Oh no," I thought, "can it really be?

I went potty just before leaving,
Surely I don't need to be relieving

Myself so soon!"  But of course,
I couldn't hold it, couldn't force

Myself to just keep riding
Without first heading and hiding

In the bushes so that this Mad Sally
Could find a spot to go pee.

Last time I found a bush
And bared my tush

I stepped on a deadly snake.
The mere memory made me quake.

So what was I to do?
(At least I didn't have to poo!)

I decided to be bold.
For that pee I couldn't hold!

I went to the very same spot
That last week was so fraught.

I stomped all around
Scanned the entire, leafy ground.

Sure that I was in the clear
I showed the jungle my rear,

And felt some relief
And came to no grief.

The snakes stayed hidden,

Both banished and forbidden

As I did the dirty deed
With the very utmost of speed.

So I conquered my fear
As no snakes came near.

But I'm still going to try
To not be the weird guy

That everyone sees
Every time that she pees!

I sure would like it a lot
If I could find a convenient pee pot!
-----THE END-----

So it turns out that I was able to overcome my fears of snakes lurking in my specific peeing spot, but it would be even better if there were toilets somewhere that I could use.  I mean, at the spot where we park the car at the start of the ride, guys just line up on the side of the road and let 'er rip.  And all along the 15km climb up to the top of the hill, guys are able to pull over to the side and just stand there and pee.  It's only girls who have to wander into the jungle.

Oh well…wish me better luck tomorrow so that I'm able to hold it in for the whole bike ride…

Over and out,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment